George Augustus Armes
Major George Augustus Armes (May 29, 1844 – December 18, 1919) was a United States Army officer on the staff of Winfield Scott Hancock who participated in the Battle of the Saline River. He was court-martialed three times.
He fought in the American Civil War on the side of the Union Army. He participated in the Battle of the Saline River on August 2, 1867. He married Lucy Hamilton Kerr (1851–1927) on October 14, 1874.
- George Augustus Armes at Find a Grave
- Kansas, Texas, & Indian Territory, U.S. War Department, 1867. This map gives names and locations of places Armes recorded his maneuvers in the conflicts of 1867 and 1868 in Ups & Downs of an Army Officer.
- "Major Armes Dies. Was Civil War Veteran". Harrisburg Telegraph. December 19, 1919. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- "Major Geo. A. Armes Shot. Retired Army Officer Injured by a Former Tenant. The Major's Exciting Career" (PDF). New York Times. August 22, 1902. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- Ups & Downs of an Army Officer. 1900.