George Lindsay-Crawford, 22nd Earl of Crawford
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Titles and offices
He held the office of Lord Lieutenant of Fife between 1794 and March 1807 and again between 20 May 1807 and 30 June 1808.
- Commissioned in 1776 into British Army
- Colonel of the 2nd Battalion, 71st Regiment of Foot, Fraser's Highlanders from 1782 to 1783
- Colonel of the 63rd (The West Suffolk) Regiment of Foot between 1789 and 1808.
- Colonel of the Fife Light Horse between 1798–1803
- Gained the rank of Major-General in 1805.
He died intestate and his estate was administered in June 1811.
Sir William Erskine
|Colonel of the Fife Light Horse
Colonel Morison of Naughton
|Peerage of Scotland|
George Lindsay-Crawford, 21st Earl of Crawford
|Earl of Crawford
Alexander Lindsay, 23rd Earl of Crawford
- The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume III, page 523.
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|