George Warne (organist)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Born in 1792, he was noted as holding a number of organists posts despite being blind.
He died in Bath on 29 October 1868.
- Organist of St Helen's Bishopsgate 1819 - 1820
- Organist of St Magnus-the-Martyr 1820 - 1826
- Organist of Temple Church 1826 - 1843
- Organist of St. Nicholas Church, Great Yarmouth 1843 - 1856
- Grand March and Finale for the Piano Forte
- Home Sweet Home, arranged with Variations
- Set of psalm tunes, as sung at the Temple Church, London  .
- Songs : Broken gold ; Come away to the grotto ; Evening song ; bring me my harp ; We meet again in heaven.
- Quadrilles, galops, and other music for the pianoforte
William Henry Cutler
|Organist of St Helen's Bishopsgate
Thomas Phippen Cooke
|Organist of St Magnus-the-Martyr
|Organist of Temple Church
Edward John Hopkins
|Organist of St. Nicholas Church, Great Yarmouth
- Cathedral Organists Past and Present, John Ebenezer West.
- British Musical Biography. James Duff Brown and Stephen Samuel Stratton. 1897
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|