||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Cutting and Milling tools, Drilling systems|
|Founder||Igor Kocis (CEO), Tomas Kristofic (CTO), Ivan Kocis (Chief Scientist), Dusan Kocis (COO)|
|Headquarters||Vapenka 4, 841 07 Bratislava, Slovakia / London, UK / Houston / USA|
GA Drilling (former Geothermal Anywhere) is a high technology company headquartered in Bratislava (Slovakia) with branches in London (UK) and Houston (USA). The company was founded in 1994 and rebranded as GA Drilling in August 2013. GA Drilling is developing and commercializing PLASMABIT technology platform which provides drilling and milling tool for challenging the most comprehensive industry issues. PLASMABIT is based on high-energy electric plasma enabling to operate at a constant speed with no need for changing tool. PLASMABIT applications are primarily addressed to oil and gas, geothermal energy and mining industries. Technology development is assisted by companies operating in oil and gas business. Main actors are identified as O&G Operators, Oilfield Service Providers, Energy Utilities and companies providing decommissioning of oil and gas structures. GA Drilling is also active within drilling community through participation at several industry events.
GA Drilling is applying for grants from public sources in order to create complementary environment for solving industrial challenges. Company is active in Horizon 2020, Framework Programme 7 (FP7) Integrated projects, Cross-border, National projects and Structural funds of the European Union.
GA Drilling owns 12 intellectual property rights (IPR‘s) for technologies in the deep drilling and material disintegration in distinct patent zones (Patents were issued by US Patent and Trademark Office, European Patent Office, Intellectual Property Office of Slovak Republic)
GA Drilling has created or is a co-founder of the network of technology organizations in European Union, mainly in the Central European region. Its partner network consists of Slovak (Slovak University of Technology, University of Zilina, Comenius University, institutes of the Slovak Academy of Sciences) and European organisations (Weatherford UK Ltd, Imerys, EGS Energy). GA Drilling is also a member of European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC), European Technology Platform on Renewable Heating and Cooling (ETP-RHC) as well as European Technology Platform on Sustainable Mineral Resources (ETP-SMR).
PLASMABIT Joint Industry Project
For O&G industry partners, GA Drilling have created an platform – PLASMABIT Joint Industry Project, in order to share acquired knowledge and technology in mutual partnership. PLASMABIT JIP´s goal is the development of the core technology focused on steel milling and hard rock drilling with enhanced ROP.
Agreement with Schoeller-Bleckmann
In July 2013, GA Drilling announced that it has concluded a technology development and strategic investment agreement with Schoeller-Bleckmann Oilfield Equipment, the global market leader for high-precision components for the oil service industry. The partnership is focused on development of PLASMABIT technology and to meet major challenges of the drilling industry. This partnership ensures component supplies manufactured by SBO and allows GA Drilling to further develop its patented PLASMABIT technology. Investment supports the completion of 3rd generation of plasma disintegration device and test-rig construction for drilling at deeper depths.
GA Drilling Technology Center
On 11 October 2012 GA Drilling established GA Drilling Technology Center in Bratislava, Slovakia. The previous laboratory - Research Centre for Deep Drilling - was established On November 10, 2010 by Geothermal Anywhere in the premises of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
Awards and honours
- UKTI Award for Innovation, EBA 2014/15
National Champion in the United Kingdom Trade & Investment Award for Innovation, European Business Awards 2014/15.
- Top 8 Cleantech, EVC 2012
Top 8 Cleantech companies at the European Venture Contest 2012 
- Special Price, Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of Slovakia
Prize for outstanding presentation of the results of research in 2012 by Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport of Slovakia, Dusan Caplovic.
- Geothermal Anywhere announces rebranding to GA Drilling . Energia.sk. May 10, 2013. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- GA Drilling exhibits at IADC World Drilling 2014 Conference & Exhibition in Vienna, Austria. GA Drilling website. June 23, 2014. Retrieved on July 14, 2014
- Drilling technology firm Geothermal Anywhere receives US$3.7m EU funding. Thinkgeoenergy. February 11, 2010. Retrieved on May 5, 2010
- Multimodal rock disintegration by thermal effect and system for performing the method. Google Patents. June 26, 2014. Retrieved on June 26, 2014
- CASE: Geothermal Anywhere on official visit in Australia. Energia.sk. December 7, 2010. Retrieved on May 5, 2010
- SMEs to help oil and gas sector to innovate. Innovate UK. October 11, 2012. Retrieved on July 14, 2014
- Members. Stoicism FP7 project. March 1, 2013. Retrieved on July 14, 2014
- UK: Egs Energy Forms Alliance With Slovakian Drilling Technology Pioneers. Thinkgeoenergy. October 29, 2010. Retrieved on May 5, 2010
- GA Drilling Announces Technology Development and Strategic Investment Agreement with Schoeller-Bleckmann Oilfield Equipment AG. Geothermania.blogspot.sk. July 29, 2013. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- Pýtame sa: Tomáš Krištofič: Centrum pre hĺbkové vrty je výrazným posunom vpred. Energia.sk. October 15, 2012. Retrieved on December 29, 2012.
- National Champions for Slovakia. European Business Awards 2014/15. September 4, 2014. Retrieved on October 15, 2014
- EVC 2012 - Top 25. European Venture Contest. December 10, 2012. Retrieved on October 15, 2014
- Special prize for GA Drilling (former Geothermal Anywhere). GA Drilling.com. November 25, 2012. Retrieved on October 15, 2014