Gerold Karl Schwarzenbach (March 15, 1904 – May 20, 1978) was a Swiss chemist.
Schwarzenbach was born and grew up in Horgen, Switzerland. He studied chemistry at the ETH Zurich and graduated in 1928 with his dissertation Studien über die Salzbildung von Beizenfarbstoffen (Studies on the formation of pickling salt dyes). From 1930 to 1955 he was a lecturer and later professor of special inorganic and analytical chemistry at the University of Zurich. He retired in 1973.
Honours and Awards
- 1963 Marcel Benoist Prize.
- 1966 Paul Karrer Gold Medal 
- 1967 Torbern Bergman Medal.
- 1971 Honorary doctorate from the University of Berne.
- Marcel-Benoist-Preis – Die bisherigen Preisträger: Gerold Schwarzenbach
- "List of Recipients". University of Zurich. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Analysdagarna 2006