Life and career
Bron was born in Hendon, Middlesex, into a Jewish family. the elder brother of actress Eleanor Bron. Their father, Sydney, shortened the family's surname to "Bron" from "Bronstein" when founding Bron's Orchestral Service. Bron's record label, Bronze Records, was founded in 1971  and was home to many popular bands, including Uriah Heep, Osibisa, Paladin, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, The Real Kids, Sally Oldfield, Motörhead, The Damned, Girlschool, Bronz and Hawkwind 
Bron's career in music covered just about every aspect of the industry. He was at various times a clarinettist, a sheet music printer, an artist manager handling acts including Gene Pitney, Marianne Faithfull, Manfred Mann, Colosseum and Uriah Heep, a record producer working with the Bonzo Dog Band, Juicy Lucy and all the acts he managed with the exception of Faithfull, a booking agent, record label owner and a studio owner and manager at Roundhouse Studios. He joined his father's company, Bron's Orchestral Service, after spending two years at Trinity College of Music.
The company moved into music publishing and one of the first acts that Gerry Bron was responsible for was Gene Pitney. This business relationship led to Bron and Pitney discussing making records together and Bron produced all the demos for the publishing company. The positive response to the quality of these encouraged Bron to move into the area of production more actively and he produced Manfred Mann's hit singles Ha! Ha! Said the Clown, My Name is Jack and Fox On The Run. This was followed by albums with Colosseum and Uriah Heep.
Selective list of album productions
- Uriah Heep
- Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
Selective list of single productions
- Manfred Mann
- Gene Pitney
- Juicy Lucy
- Richard Barnes
- Take To The Mountains
- Go North
- Gregory, Andy (2002-01-01). The International Who's Who in Popular Music 2002. Psychology Press. ISBN 9781857431612.
- Carruthers, Bob (2008). The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. Coda Books.
- Births England and Wales 1837-2006
- Westbrook, Caroline (2007-04-03). "Gerry Bron interview". Something Jewish. Retrieved 2007-04-24.
- "Bronze Records". The Metal Archives.
- "Bronze Records". Spirit of Metal Webzine.
- Sexton, Paul (1994-04-09). Gerry Bron stays on pop's leading edge. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. p. 64.
- Chartwatch.co.uk - Gerry Bron