Get Off on the Pain (song)
|"Get Off on the Pain"|
|Single by Gary Allan|
|from the album Get Off on the Pain|
|Released||March 15, 2010|
|Gary Allan singles chronology|
"Get Off on the Pain" is a song written by Brett James, Bill Luther and Justin Weaver, and recorded by American country music singer Gary Allan. It was released in March 2010 as the second single and title track from his 2010 album of the same name. The song is Allan's twenty-fourth single release overall.
Of the song, Brian Mansfield of USA Today cited the lyric "I don't know why my life sounds like a heartbroke country song" as setting the tone of the album, saying, "Allan sides with long shots, dark horses and lost causes more apt to revel in their misery than celebrate their good fortune." Country Weekly reviewer Jessica Phillips described the track as "set[ting] the stage" for the rest of the album. Bobby Peacock of Roughstock gave the single four-and-a-half stars out of five, saying that it "suits him in a way that very few of his previous singles have ever done."
"Get Off on the Pain" debuted at number 42 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of April 3, 2010. Like his previous hit, "Today," this song peaked at number 18 on the country chart.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||18|
|US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100||1|
- Gardner, Elysa; Shriver, Jerry; Mansfield, Brian; Gundersen, Edna (12 March 2010). "Listen Up: Ludacris engages in 'Battle of the Sexes'". USA Today. Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- Phillips, Jessica (8 March 2010). "Album reviews". Country Weekly. 17 (10): 54. ISSN 1074-3235.
- Peacock, Bobby (29 March 2010). "Gary Allan — "Get Off on the Pain"". Roughstock. Archived from the original on 13 June 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- "Gary Allan – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Gary Allan.
- Whitburn, Joel (2011). Top Pop Singles 1955–2010. Record Research, Inc. p. 27. ISBN 0-89820-188-8.