Gidge is Swedish electronic duo consisting of Ludvig Stolterman and Jonathan Nilsson. The two met at age 16 in high school. Their mutual interest in electronic music led to the founding of Gidge. The group released their debut album Autumn Bells in 2014.
Ludvig Stolterman and Jonathan Nilsson are from Umeå, a town in northern Sweden. They claim their music is influenced by the Nordic environment, particularly the woods. The music is often recorded in the forest of Umeå and uses a mixture of electronic and organic elements, such as wooden and stone percussion. David Garber of Vice describes their music as "ethereal beats that will transport your mind, body and soul to a more peaceful place".
A reader poll at XLR8R’s puts Gidge as Best New Artist and sold out shows in Amsterdam, Berlin and London. After the release of their debut album, they garnered a million combined listens via Soundcloud and praise from Thump/Vice, Pigeons and Planes, Earmilk, XLR8R, and Gold Flake Paint.
On January 13, 2017, Gidge released their first studio EP, LNLNN.
- Autumn Bells (2014)
- LNLNN (2017)
- Garber, David (2014-09-16). "Gidge's 'Autumn Bells' LP is the Most Beautiful Thing You'll Hear All Day". Vice. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Gidge (Sweden)". Nordic Music Days 2017. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Swedish composer duo Gidge, debut screening of short film, Lulin, + stream album". circuitsweet.co.uk. 2016-03-20. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Artist of the Week #139 – Gidge". nordicbynatureberlin.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "GIDGE ANNOUNCE THEIR NEW ALBUM 'AUTUMN BELLS' FOR APPLESCAL'S ATOMNATION LABEL". musicmuso.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Meet the #HUAWEIMate20 Series". youtube.com. Retrieved 2018-12-06.