Giedroyć / Гедройц
Coat of arms of the Giedraitis
|Country||Grand Duchy of Lithuania|
Giedroyć (Polish pronunciation: [ˈɡʲɛdrɔjtɕ]; Lithuanian: Giedraitis; Russian and Belarusian: Гедройц; French: Guedroitz) is the name of a Polish-Lithuanian and Russian princely family. According to the 16th century Lithuanian Chronicle, they are descendants of Prince Giedrius, a brother of Grand Duke of Lithuania Traidenis.
The family's original domain was the Lithuanian town of Giedraičiai.
- Blessed Michał Giedroyć (1420–1485)
- Merkelis Giedraitis (1536–1609), Bishop of Samogitia
- Vera Gedroitz (1870–1932), Lithuanian princess, surgeon and amateur poet
- Wladimir Guedroitz (1873–1941), Chamberlain of the Imperial Court of Russia, State Councillor and President of the Chamber of Control of the Empire
- Jerzy Giedroyc (1906–2000), Polish writer and political activist
- Alexis Guedroitz (1923–1992), Professor of Russian Language and Literature
- Ania Guédroïtz (born 1949), Belgian actress
- Coky Giedroyc (born 1962), English film director (Sherlock)
- Jason Gedroic - aka Jason Gedrick, (born 1965) American actor best known for his work on the television series Murder One and Boomtown, and the motion picture Iron Eagle
- Mel Giedroyc (born 1968), English presenter and comedian, best known for The Great British Bake Off.
- Genealogy of the Giedraitis family
- (in Lithuanian) A bit on family by Lithuanian historian Zenonas Ivinskis
|This biographical article about a member of the Lithuanian nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Lithuanian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|