|Occupation||Founder of GB Group|
|Known for||Wealthiest person in Haiti|
Gilbert Bigio is a Haitian billionaire and retired businessman. He is the founder of GB Group and the wealthiest person in Haiti. He is also the de facto leader of Haiti's Jewish community and an honorary consul to Israel.
Bigio is from a Sephardic Jewish family from Aleppo, Syria, whose family emigrated to Haiti in 1896. Ever since, the family has been involved in commercial activities all throughout the country. The Bigio family has remained in Haiti, prominent in business affairs for three generations.
- "Haiti's Few Jews Hold On To History". Webster University. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Scenes From The Haiti Relief Mission". The Jewish Week. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Haiti". Jewish Virtual Library. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Hall, Michael R. (2012). "Historical Dictionary of Haiti". p. 120. ISBN 9780810875494. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Press, ed. (13 February 2004). "Around the Jewish World As Haiti Burns, Its Few Jews Choose Business over Politics". JTA (Jewish Telegraphic Agency). Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- Solomont, E.B., ed. (21 January 2010). "Two Haitian Jews working with IDF to help survivors". JWeekly. Retrieved 21 December 2015.