Gillian Allnutt (born 15 January 1949 in London) is an English poet who now lives in Esh Winning, County Durham. Her books Nantucket and the Angel and Lintel were both shortlisted for the T. S. Eliot Prize. In 2001/02 and 2002/03 she was a Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow, partly at Newcastle University. In 2005 she was the fourth winner of the Northern Rock Foundation Writer's Award.
A photo of Gillian is on display in Room 37a at the National Portrait Gallery.
- Spitting the Pips Out (1981)
- Beginning the Avocado (1987)
- Blackthorn (Bloodaxe, 1994) ISBN 978-1-85224-270-1
- Nantucket and the Angel (Bloodaxe, 1997) ISBN 978-1-85224-382-1
- Lintel (Bloodaxe, 2001) ISBN 978-1-85224-547-4
- Sojourner (Bloodaxe, 2004) ISBN 978-1-85224-669-3
- How the Bicycle Shone: New & Selected Poems (Bloodaxe, 2007) ISBN 978-1-85224-759-1
- The New British Poetry (Paladin, 1988) (co-editor)
- Berthing: A Poetry Workbook (NEC/Virago, 1991)
- "Gillian Allnutt". Literature Northeast. Archived from the original on 2007-02-08. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- "Gillian Allnutt's publisher". Bloodaxe Books. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- "The Northern Rock Foundation Writer's Award 2005". The Northern Rock Foundation. 2005-03-15. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- "National Portrait Gallery". National Portrait Gallery. Retrieved 2009-04-20.