|This article needs to be updated. (August 2014)|
|Mayor of Frankfort, Kentucky|
December 11, 2008 – January 1, 2013
|Preceded by||Bill May|
|Succeeded by||Bill May|
|Born||February 14, 1929|
Graham served in Kentucky House of Representatives for four-consecutive terms from 1994 until 2002. His resume also includes sixteen years with the Kentucky Department of Education and a stint as an administrative assistant for the Department of Highways earlier in his career. He has also served as a Frankfort city commissioner.
Incumbent Frankfort Mayor Bill May was prohibited from seeking a four-consecutive term in 2008 due to term limits. Graham became the first person to enter the race to succeed May, announcing his candidacy on November 9, 2007. Graham defeated opponent Lynn Bowers, a city commissioner, in the Frankfort mayoral election in November 2008.
Graham declined to seek re-election in 2012 after one, four-year term. Graham told The State Journal newspaper on January 25, 2012, ""I have no intentions of re-filing for election. I've known for sometime I'm not going to run...The people of Franklin County have always been good to me. Anytime I've been on the ballot, I've received the highest amount of votes and I've served the best way I know how." The election to succeed him will be held in November 2012.
- "William May, Mayor". City of Frankfort. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Graham, commissioners take office". State Journal (Kentucky). Recordpub.com. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Mayor-elect H. "Gippy" Graham" (PDF). Frankfort Rotary Club. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- Tweddell, Vince (2007-11-11). "Former state legislator first to enter mayoral campaign". State Journal (Kentucky). Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- Zyskowski, Kayleigh (2012-01-29). "Mayor's race gets 2 new candidates". State Journal (Kentucky). Retrieved 2012-05-09.