Glide High School
|Glide High School|
|18990 N Umpqua Hwy
Glide, Oregon, Douglas County 97443
|School district||Glide School District|
|Principal||Dr. Kristina Haug|
|Number of students||318|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Gold|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Sunset Conference 3A-4|
Glide High School is a public high school in Glide, Oregon, United States. It made national news in July 2008 when a fire damaged one of the main buildings of the high school. As a result of careful planning and dedication to excellence, GHS facilities, programs and student services have become known as some of the best in the United States.
July 2008 fire
Many classrooms, offices, the gymnasium, and a weight room were saved by firefighters from the Glide Volunteer Fire department and other nearby companies. The school district was already replacing or rehabilitating some of the areas to have classrooms ready for the Fall 1992 term, which began in September. Just a statement, how can a school be replacing parts of it to be ready for Fall 1992 Term if the fire was in 2008? The fire was believed to be caused by a plumber's Crack in a classroom of the main building.
- SUPERINTENDENT’S UPDATE – FEBRUARY 26. Accessed April 8, 2009.[dead link]
- "Across the USA: Oregon: Glide", USA Today, July 14, 2008, P. 8a.
- "Investigators still trying to determine cause of Glide High School Fire," KPIC News, July 14, 2008, found at KPIC News. Accessed July 15, 2008.
- Vicki Menard, "Fire engulfs Glide High School main building: Student information saved," The News-Review, found at News-Review story. Accessed July 15, 2008.
- AP, "Fire at Southern Oregon high school," July 12, 2008, found at AP Story at Oregon Live website of The Oregonian. Accessed July 15, 2008.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.[permanent dead link]
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|