Goldberg psychiatric tests
Goldberg psychiatric tests include various tests used to assess mental health in general or as screening tools for specific mental disorders e.g. depression or bipolar disorder. These tests were developed by two psychiatrists who share the last name "Goldberg": Ivan Goldberg, an American psychiatrist, and Sir David Goldberg, a British psychiatrist. Psychiatric screening tests generally don't substitute getting help from professionals.
Tests developed by Ivan K. Goldberg
- Goldberg Depression Test is an 18-question screening tool for depression.
- Goldberg Mania Scale is an 18-question screening test for mania.
Tests developed by Sir David Goldberg
- General Health Questionnaire or Goldberg Health Questionnaire (GHQ) developed in 1972 in its initial format as a 60-question test (GHQ-60) with a four-point scale for each question. It is used to measure the risk of developing psychiatric disorders. Other forms of GHQ are: GHQ-30, GHQ-28 and GHQ-12.
- Together with Simpson, they developed Personal Health Questionnaire (PHQ) in 1995. It is a 10-question screening instrument for depression. It should not be confused with the 9-question patient health questionnaire (PHQ-9) developed by Spitzer also to quantify the risk for depression. Personal Health Questionnaire is sometimes abbreviated as PHQ-G to differentiate it from PHQ-9.
- Goldberg, Ivan K. (1993). Questions & Answers about Depression and Its Treatment: A Consultation with a Leading Psychiatrist. Charles Press. ISBN 9780914783688.
- Holm, Liselotte Holm, Per Bech, Jørgen; Holm, Jørgen; Holm, Liselotte; Bech, Per. "Monitoring improvement using a patient-rated depression scale during treatment with anti-depressants in general practice. A validation study on the Goldberg Depression Scale". Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. 19 (4): 263–266. doi:10.1080/02813430152706819.
- Workman, M. Linda; LaCharity, Linda A.; Kruchko, Susan L. (2013-12-27). Understanding Pharmacology - E-Book: Essentials for Medication Safety. Elsevier Health Sciences. ISBN 9780323294201.
- "Depression Screening Quiz: The Goldberg Depression Questionnaire". CounsellingResource.com: Psychology, Therapy & Mental Health Resources. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- "Mania Screening Quiz: The Goldberg Mania Questionnaire". CounsellingResource.com: Psychology, Therapy & Mental Health Resources. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- Hasanpour, Shirin; Bani, Soheila; Mirghafourvand, Mojgan; Yahyavi Kochaksarayie, Fatemeh (2014-02-27). "Mental Health and Its Personal and Social Predictors in Infertile Women". Journal of Caring Sciences. 3 (1): 37–45. doi:10.5681/jcs.2014.005. ISSN 2251-9920. PMC . PMID 25276747.
- Tsuang, Ming T.; Tohen, Mauricio (2003-04-14). Textbook in Psychiatric Epidemiology. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780471461210.
- Markkula, Niina (3 June 2016). Prevalence, predictors and prognosis of depressive disorders in the general population. : A longitudinal population study (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved 21 Oct 2017.