Golden 1 Credit Union
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Golden 1 headquarters in Sacramento
Number of locations
|82 branches (2014)|
|Donna A. Bland, President/CEO|
|Products||Checking; Savings; Consumer loans; Mortgage loans; Credit cards; Online banking; Investments; Insurance|
|Total assets||$10.0B USD|
Number of employees
The Golden 1 Credit Union (or Golden 1) is a credit union headquartered in Sacramento, California. There are currently 80 branches located throughout the State of California. Golden 1 currently serves 38 of the 58 counties in California. These counties are Alameda, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Lassen, Los Angeles, Madera, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Orange, Placer, Riverside, Sacramento, San Benito, San Bernardino, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Shasta, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Ventura, Yolo and Yuba.
Founded in 1933 as California State Employees Credit Union #1, it changed its name to Golden 1 in 1977.
As of June, 2016, Golden 1 had in excess of $10 billion USD in assets and more than 787,000 members making it the 6th largest credit union in the United States and the second largest credit union in the State of California. The current President & CEO is Donna A. Bland.
On June 16, 2015, Golden 1 acquired naming rights for a new arena in downtown Sacramento to replace the Sacramento Kings' Sleep Train Arena. At a cost of $120 million over 20 years, with an average annual value at $6 million, it is one of the largest naming rights deals for a single-tenant NBA arena.
- "Golden 1 Credit Union - ATM and Branch Locations". Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "The Top 100 Credit Unions in the USA". Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Top 100 Credit Unions in the USA".
- "Golden 1 Credit Union - About Us". Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Donna Bland Named President and CEO of Golden 1 Credit Union". Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- "Introducing Golden 1 Center: Golden 1 Credit Union and Sacramento Kings Announce Naming Rights Partnership for Sacramento's World-Class Entertainment & Sports Center" (Press release). Sacramento Kings. June 16, 2015.