|Directed by||Robert Clouse|
|Produced by||Fred Weintraub|
S. Lee Pogostin|
Joe Don Baker|
|Music by||Lalo Schifrin|
|Edited by||Michael Kahn|
|Distributed by||American International Pictures|
|Budget||under $1 million|
|Box office||HK$ 18.00|
Golden Needles (also released under the title The Chase for the Golden Needles) is a 1974 American action/adventure film starring Joe Don Baker, Elizabeth Ashley, Ann Sothern, Jim Kelly, Burgess Meredith, and Roy Chiao. The film was directed by Robert Clouse and shot on location in Hong Kong.
A legendary statue has seven gold needles inserted in it, and an adult man will become a sexual superman when the needles are placed in the same position in his body. A colorful group of characters is all in on the hunt for the mysterious statue.
- Joe Don Baker as Dan
- Elizabeth Ashley as Felicity
- Ann Sothern as Fenzie
- Jim Kelly as Jeff
- Burgess Meredith as Winters
- Mark McGee, Faster and Furiouser: The Revised and Fattened Fable of American International Pictures, McFarland, 1996 p292
- Aljean Harmetz (4 Aug 1974). "The dime-store way to make movies-and money". New York Times. p. 202.
- Golden Needles at the Hong Kong Movie DataBase
- "LAZENBY BACK IN NEW SPY SERIES". The Canberra Times. 23 January 1974. p. 18. Retrieved 17 February 2015 – via National Library of Australia.
- Golden Needles on IMDb
- Golden Needles at AllMovie
- Golden Needles at Rotten Tomatoes
- Golden Needles at the TCM Movie Database
|This article about an action-adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|