Golden Triangle (Algarve)
The Golden Triangle is the name the affluent region outside of Faro, capital of the Algarve, famous for its luxury resorts and Michelin star restaurants, which is located between three points:
- Resort-town of Vilamoura
- Village of Almancil
- Gated luxury communities of Quinta do Lago & Vale do Lobo
Vilamoura is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Portugal, home to a yacht marina and numerous resorts. Almancil is home to three Michelin starred restaurants, while Vilamour has one. Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo are luxury gated communities that have both hosted the Portuguese Open, part of the PGA European Tour, in 1976, 1984-1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, and 2001-2003.
- Janoschka, M.; Haas, H. (2013). Contested Spatialities, Lifestyle Migration and Residential Tourism. Taylor & Francis. p. 81. ISBN 9781136232381. Retrieved 2015-08-13.
- "Villa Rentals Algarve | Luxury Villas with Pools". goldentriangleproperties.com. Retrieved 2015-08-13.
- Collison, G.; Gregory, J. (2007). Buying Property in Portugal. Bookshaker. p. 46. ISBN 9781905430284. Retrieved 2015-08-13.
- Packer, S. (2008). A Guide to Buying Property Abroad. Straightforward. p. 53. ISBN 9781847160683. Retrieved 2015-08-13.
- Financial Times - Algarve’s ‘Golden Triangle’
|This Portugal location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|