Goodspeed (internet provider)
|Slogan||"Stay connected wherever you go, so Goodspeed, my friend."|
|Dimensions||123 mm (4.8 in) H
63 mm (2.5 in) W
13 mm (0.51 in) D
|Weight||127 g (4.5 oz)|
|Display||1 in (25 mm) LCD 128×64 pixels|
|Development status||April 2014, available|
Goodspeed is a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot developed and produced by Uros Ltd and manufactured in Finland by Sanmina Corporation. This mobile hotspot-router is used to connect up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled clients to a private WLAN.
The Goodspeed provides Internet access for WiFi enabled peripheral devices by establishing a WPA/WPA2 secured connection between Goodspeed and any type of portable WiFi device, laptop, mobile phone, digital camera and tablet. Goodspeed accesses the local cellular network through SIM cards that are stored inside the device. The SIM cards are provided by Uros Ltd as part of the Goodspeed service. The device has the shape and size of a smartphone and a display that communicates the current status, connectivity, strength of the signal, SSID and password of the network.
As of August 2014 the Goodspeed Internet service is accessible in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Laos, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam.
- iF product design award 2013, International Forum Design
- 100 Mejores Ideas del año 2014 (One of the 100 Top Business Ideas of the Year 2014), Actualidad Económica
- Uros Ltd. "Uros Homepage". Uros Ltd. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Varun, Krish (16 September 2012). "Uros GoodSpeed Mobile Hotspot with 10 SIM cards aims to say good bye to steep roaming charges". FoneArena. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Sanmina Corporation (21 January 2013). "Case Study Uros: Bringing a Mobile Hotspot swiftly to Market" (PDF). Sanmina Corporation. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Almekinders, Sander (19 June 2013). "Uros Goodspeed review: MiFi, but bigger". Hardware.info. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Finnfacts (10 February 2014). "Goodspeed crosses the Atlantic". Good News from Finland. Archived from the original on 24 July 2014. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Dennis, Tony (1 April 2014). "Uros adds key Asia Pacific countries to its roaming solution". GoMo News. Archived from the original on 25 July 2014. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Dennis, Tony (11 April 2014). "Use your Goodspeed mobile Wi-fi hotspot now in India". GoMo News. Archived from the original on 10 July 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- iF Design. "Goodspeed Hotspot recognized with the iF product design award 2013". iF online exhibition. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- Cision (21 February 2013). "Goodspeed wins iF Product Design Award 2013". news powered by CISION. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- EuropaPress. "La revista 'Actualidad Económica' premia las 100 Mejores Ideas del año". Corresponsables. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goodspeed (internet provider).|