Gordon & MacPhail
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)
|Country of origin||Scotland|
Gordon & MacPhail is an independent bottler and distiller of Scotch Whisky, founded in 1895 and located in Elgin in the north-east of Scotland. It is a family business owned by the Urquhart Family. Gordon & MacPhail is the Trading name of Speymalt Whisky Distributors Ltd.
The World's Oldest Whisky
On 8 March 2011, Gordon & MacPhail released the 2nd in the Generations series by launching Glenlivet 1940 70 Years Old.
On 20 September 2012 Gordon & MacPhail released Generations Glenlivet 1940 70 Years Old (Release 2). This second, and final, release from Cask 339 created worldwide interest, with a number of these bottles distributed as far as Australia through Alba Whisky.
Gordon & MacPhail's retail shop is located on South Street in Elgin. The shop is split into four sections. The Deli, The Wines and Spirits Department, The Grocery Department, and The Whisky Room, which has one of the largest collections of whisky in the world.
- "Gordon & MacPhail page on Scotchwhisky.net". Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Gordon & MacPhail Official Page". Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "'World's oldest' whisky unveiled in Scotland". The Independent. 13 March 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2011.[dead link]
- "Gordon & MacPhail Generations". Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Gordon & MacPhail Generations – Glenlivet". Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Gordon & MacPhail Generations – Glenlivet (2nd Release)". Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "Alba Whisky – Australian Distributor". Retrieved 30 September 2014.