From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gosain)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Gossains, a Hindu social group dealing with Vedas
- A title given to members of the Shaiva sannyasin order of the Dashanami Sampradaya established by Shankaracharya.
- A title given to leaders of the Vaishnava order of the Vallabha.
- A Dasnami sanyas title given to a disciple by one's guru after getting initiated into sanyasa tradition (e.g. Gosain or Gusain or Goswami Tulsidas).
- New Illustrated Columbia Encyclopedia Vol 23, 1979. New York: Columbia University Press