|Kosin University Gospel Hospital|
|Location||34 Amnam-dong, Seo-gu, Busan, Korea|
|Affiliated university||College of Medicine, Kosin University|
The hospital was first established in a warehouse of the Third Youngdo Church, 46 2Ga, Namhang-dong, Busan. Later, in December 1951, the hospital was moved to 180, 2Ga, Yeongseon-dong, Youngdo-gu. Gospel Hospital moved to its current location in 1957, helped by a donation from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). A new building was constructed in 1959.
In 1978, Gospel Hospital Cancer Center opened. This was a first for the southern region of the Republic of Korea, and it was the second cancer center founded in the country.
The hospital affiliated with The Gospel College of Nursing in 1968, The College of Medicine of Kosin University in 1981, and The Public Health Graduate School of Kosin University in 1993.
Current status and achievements
The hospital has 912 beds and is a leading institute for cancer treatment in Korea. The surgical staff performs over 400 operations for gastric cancer patients yearly, highest amount for hospitals in Busan and South Gyeongsang province. The clinical results for breast, colorectal, thyroid and pancreas surgeries are also notable.
- Commencement Kosin University Gospel Hospital
- Jigang Youcheol (2007-02-20). Chang Ki-ryŏ, kŭ saram (장기려, 그사람 지강유철) (in Korean). Hongseongsa (홍성사). ISBN 89-365-0750-8.
- Kim Yeong-hun (김영훈) (2007-12-27). "For cancer operation, these hospitals do good (암 수술, 이병원이 잘해요)" (in Korean). JoongAng Ilbo.
- http://news20.busan.com/news/newsController.jsp?sectionId=1010070000&subSectionId=1010070000&newsId=20060711000114 베스트 닥터 in 부산 (Best Doctors in Busan) in Busan-ilbo
- http://news20.busan.com/news/newsController.jsp?sectionId=1010070000&subSectionId=1010070000&newsId=20060808000099 베스트 닥터 in 부산 (Best doctors in Busan) in Busan-ilbo
- KUGH (English site)