Government of India Act
(Redirected from Government of India Act (disambiguation))
- Charter Act of 1833 was also called Government of India Act (also known as the "St. Helena Act"), which created the post of Governor-General of India. This act was passed during the Company rule in India.
- Government of India Act 1858, which established India as a nation consisting of British India and princely states.
- Government of India Act, 1912, which modified the Indian Councils Act 1909 and undid the Partition of Bengal (1905).
- Government of India Act, 1915, a consolidation into a single Act of most of the existing Acts of Parliament concerning Indian government.
- Government of India Act, 1919, which expanded legislative councils in the centre and the provinces, and divided areas of responsibility between governors and legislative councils, and between the centre and the provinces. Diarchy was introduced in the provinces.
- Government of India Act, 1935, which, despite never being fully implemented, served as part of the constitutional basis of India and Pakistan for the initial period after the Partition. It sought a Federation of India and introduced provincial autonomy.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Government of India Act.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.