Grand Blanc High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
|Grand Blanc High School|
|One Jewett Trail
Grand Blanc, Michigan, 48439
|School district||Grand Blanc Community Schools|
|Teaching staff||128.5 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||21|
|Color(s)||Red and black|
|Fight song||Onward to Victory|
|Athletics conference||Kensington Lakes Activities Association|
|Average ACT scores||21.1|
The demographic breakdown of the 2699 students enrolled for the 2012–2013 school year is as follows:
- Male – 51.9%
- Female – 48.1%
- Native American/Alaskan – 0.3%
- Asian/Pacific islander – 2.8%
- Black – 14.9%
- Hispanic – 3.1%
- White – 74.6%
- Multiracial – 4.3%
The following sports are offered at Grand Blanc:
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (girls & boys)
- Bowling (girls & boys)
- Competitive cheer (girls)
- Cross country (girls & boys)
- Boys state champion – 1977, 1979
- Football (boys)
- Golf (girls & boys)
- Ice Hockey (boys)
- Lacrosse (girls & boys)
- Skiing (girls & boys)
- Soccer (girls & boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Swim & dive (girls & boys)
- Tennis (girls & boys)
- Track & field (girls & boys)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
Most teams participate in the Kensington Lakes Activities Association.
The football/track stadium at Grand Blanc Community High School, Frank Thomas Field was built in 1977 and is the third-largest stadium in Genesee County, behind Atwood and Guy V. Houston Stadiums, both in Flint, Michigan. The Bobcats football and track teams previously played at Batchelor Field, still home to Bobcats soccer. The baseball team plays at Joe Pitock Field. In 2006, Tartoni Athletic Center opened as home to the Bobcats basketball teams.
- Andrew Caldwell – actor
- Geena Gall – Olympic mid-distance runner
- Evan Peters – actor
- Mark Ingram, Jr. – NFL running back
- Steve Smith – Former University of Michigan starting quarterback (1980–83)
- "Search for Public Schools – School Detail for Grand Blanc Community High School". ed.gov. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "Educational Outcomes". Detroit Free Press. July 7, 2014. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- "MHSAA > Schools". mhsaa.com. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "Boys Cross Country Team Champions 1978–2014". www.mhsaa.com. MHSAA. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "Boys Golf Team Champions 1925–2013". www.mhsaa.com. MHSAA. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "Girls Golf Team Champions 1973–2014". www.mhsaa.com. MHSAA. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "Grand Blanc-bred actor goes to "College"". MLive.com. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "Geena Gall's Olympic run brought pride, excitement to hometown of Grand Blanc". MLive.com. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "Young Grand Blanc Township actor Evan Peters finds full-time acting work". mlive.com. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- "4 o'clock fodder: Mark Ingram's hometown wants to permanently honor Alabama RB". AL.com. Retrieved February 25, 2015.