|Male & female, North Gorontalo|
- G. a. anthedon
- G. a. milon (C. & R. Felder, 1865) (Sulawesi, Talaud, Kabaena, Buton, Banggai)
- G. a. coelius (Fruhstorfer, 1899) (Sula)
Treated as a full species by Vane-Wright, R. I., & R. de. Jong. 2003. The butterflies of Sulawesi: annotated checklist for a critical island fauna. Zoologische Verhandlingen 343: 1-267.
The history of this taxon is complex and related to that of Graphium milon Felder & Felder, 1865. Originally described as Papilio Latr. species anthedon Felder & Felder, 1864 and later seen as a synonym of Papilio sarpedon Linn., 1764 by Kirby (1871: 559). Treated as a subspecies of Graphium (Graphium) sarpedon (Linnaeus, 1758) by Fujioka and Nishiyama (1997: 189). Also treated as a subspecies of Graphium milon (C. & R. Felder, 1865).
Graphium milon has an interwoven history. Originally described as Papilio milon Felder & Felder, 1865 it was also seen as a synonym of Papilio sarpedon Linn., 1764 by Kirby (1871: 559). Treated as a subspecies of Graphium sarpedon Linnaeus, 1758 by D'Abrera (1982: 98) and treated as a species of Graphium by Tsukada and Nishiyama (1982: 379). Finally ranked as a subspecies of Graphium (Graphium) anthedon Felder & Felder, 1864 by Vane-Wright & de Jong (2003: 92).
- Tsukada, E. & Nishiyama, Y. 1982. Papilionidae. In: Tsukada, E. (ed): Butterflies of the South East Asian Islands. Volume 1. Plapac Co., Tokyo
- Collins, N. Mark; Morris, Michael G. (1985). Threatened Swallowtail Butterflies of the World: The IUCN Red Data Book. Gland & Cambridge: IUCN. ISBN 978-2-88032-603-6 – via Biodiversity Heritage Library.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Graphium anthedon.|
- The Global Butterfly Information System - Images and text
|This Papilionidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|