Graven Images (book)
|Publisher||Harper & Row|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
The book is a collection of three supernatural-themed stories that all revolve around statues. In the first, titled "Binnacle Boy," a statue of a sailor boy on the deck of a boat is the only witness to the deaths of the entire ship's crew. "St. Crispin's Follower" is a comedy about a shoemaker's apprentice and his hopeless love for the town beauty. The final story is called "The Man of Influence." It tells the story of a starving artist who agrees to a job commissioned by a ghost.
- 1982, USA, Harper & Row, ISBN 978-0-06-021907-9, Pub date 1982, illustrator Andrew Glass, Hardback, 85 pages
- 2006, USA, Candlewick Press, ISBN 978-0-7636-2775-1, Pub date 2006, illustrator Bagram Ibatoulline, Hardback, 116 pages
- 2007, USA, Listening Library, ISBN 978-0-307-28408-2, Pub date 2006, Audiobook on CD
The University of New Orleans found "Fleischman has blended the styles of these authors to create an intriguing read." while The School Library Journal review of the audiobook edition wrote "Three tales of the supernatural are rejuvenated in this spellbinding performance of Newbery Medalist Paul Fleischman's 1982 novel that is now back in print (Candlewick, 2006)." and "Older readers who have moved beyond Alvin Schwartz's Scary Stories will find more than enough spooky thrills in this fascinating audio production."
- "Graven images : 3 stories". www.worldcat.org. OCLC. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Newbery Medal and Honor Books, 1922-Present". www.ala.org. American Library Association. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Graven images : three stories". www.worldcat.org. OCLC. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- "Graven images : 3 stories". www.worldcat.org. OCLC. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- Lincoln, Anna (2006). "Literary Lagniappe". University of New Orleans. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- "Graven Images". www.queenslibrary.org. Media Source Inc. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- "Suggested Reading List for Grade 6". www.mcgtn.org. Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Summer Reading Requirements". www.saintandrewschool.com. Saint Andrew School. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- Lesesne, Teri S. (1994). "Using Short Story Collections in the Classroom". ALAN Review. 21 (3). Retrieved 24 June 2015.
|This article about a children's book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|