This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gravity FM is a community radio station based in Grantham, Lincolnshire. Broadcasting full-time since 1 December 2008 on 97.2FM and online, the station has completed its first licence period and, as a result, has obtained a further five year extension from OFCOM, the industry regulator, with similar Key Commitments.
Gravity FM broadcasts content produced by volunteers from the local community. Mainstream daytime programming is music led and includes news, traffic, travel and local information. During the evenings the station broadcasts a variety of more specialist programs and features.
Funding and awards
Gravity FM has so far been successful in securing funding to maintain its service provision. Like all community radio stations in the UK, it is capped in only being allowed to raise half its income annually from advertising and on-air commercial arrangements. The remainder is found in the form of grants, off-air sponsorship and fundraising.
The Friends of Gravity FM is a charity (registered for tax purposes in the UK) established in 2012 to support the provision of community broadcasting services in the Grantham area. The station has benefited greatly from the donations they have made towards new equipment.
- "Gravity FM launches on Monday 1st December 2008". commedia.org.uk. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "New Radio Station Launches on Monday". Grantham Journal. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Gravity FM". Gravity FM CIC. Archived from the original on 14 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "cr00168" (PDF). OFCOM. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "GRAVITY FM 97.2 + NET NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN SHOW - Mon 24 Jun 2013 event - Soul Source Rare and Northern Soul". Soul-source.co.uk. Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- Main Website - gravityfm.net
- Gravity FM on Facebook
- Gravity FM on SoundCloud
- Gravity FM on Twitter
- Gravity FM on YouTube