This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||May 10, 1971|
|Education||University of Massachusetts at Amherst (BA)|
|Occupation(s)||Film director, producer, screenwriter, author|
Reitman earned his Bachelor of Arts from University of Massachusetts Amherst (1993) and holds a certificate in Film & Television, Marketing & Distribution from UCLA. He received a master certificate in Creative Producing from Tel Aviv University, and has studied at Hokkaido University in Japan and the University of Florence in Italy.
His third feature film, Rooted in Peace, in 2016 debut at the United Nations, won the New York Festival Best Feature Documentary, Impact Award for Excellence, released theatrically, and subsequently streamed on Amazon Prime, and Itunes. The film features Deepak Chopra, Donovan, Mike Love, David Lynch, Greg Reitman, Pete Seeger, and Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
In 2004, Reitman self-published the mini coffee table book Hollywood’s Magical Island - Catalina. In 2016, after the movie Rooted in Peace was released, Llewellyn Publications published his work, Rooted in Peace: An Inspiring Story of Finding Peace.
In 2008 after producing the acclaimed documentary Fuel, Reitman was asked to chronicle climate change and the movement as a journalist first for The Environmentalist and then The Huffington Post. His environmental articles published include Chasing Ice - The Climate Debate Is Over; UN Launches Year of the Int’l Forest; Is Climate Change Reversible? Can Regenerative Agriculture Farming Solve the Climate Crisis?; “If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front”; Investigates the Making And Unraveling of a Radical Environmental Group; “Ode to Peace” to Resound Around the World on International Day of Peace; The Climate War Comes to Australia: The Great Barrier Reef; The man behind Earth Day Texas Trammel S Crow leads the nation honoring the 45th Anniversary of Earth Day; Your Brain on Ocean: Neuroscience and Ocean Exploration; Global Green kicks off Oscar Week with Singer/Songwriter Stevie Wonder; and Madécasse Chocolate Raises the Bar this Earth Day in providing Money for Madagascar Disaster Relief.
In 2014 Reitman was a speaker at the Aspen Renewable Energy Summit.
Blue Water Institute
In 2020, Reitman founded the Blue Water Institute, a non-profit conservation organization. He also launched the Blue Water Film Festival, an annual event curating ocean, water, nature content in either short, narrative, documentary and animated formats hosted in San Diego, California.
- Hollywood Isle: Catalina Island Picture Book (2003, Post Card USA, ISBN 978-0-61513-444-4)
- Rooted in Peace: An Inspiring Story of Finding Peace Within (2018, Blue Water Publishing, USA, ISBN 978-0-9769566-4-8)
- Allaire, Danielle; Johnson, Troy. "San Diego's 4th Annual Blue Water Film Festival Returns". San Diego Magazine. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- "2023 Blue Water Awards Presented by the Blue Water Film Festival". Getty Images. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- "Rooted In Peace" (PDF). Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- "Speaker Bios". Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- Reitman, Greg (April 2007). Hollywood Isle: Catalina Island Picture Book. ISBN 9780615134444. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- "About the film". Rootedinpeace.com. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Rechtshaffen, Michael. "Review: Documentarian Greg Reitman traverses the globe looking for enlightenment in the warm and fuzzy 'Rooted in Peace'". LA Times. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- Reitman, Greg. "Rooted in Peace: An Inspiring Story of Finding Peace Within". Amazon. Llewellyn Publications. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- Reitman, Greg. "'Chasing Ice' -- The Climate Change Debate Is Over". Huff Post. Huff Post. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- Reitman, Greg. "Is Climate Change Reversible? Can Regenerative Agriculture Farming Solve the Climate Crisis?". Huff Post. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- Reitman, Greg. ""Ode to Peace" to Resound Around the World on International Day of Peace". Huff Post. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- Reitman, Greg. "Madécasse Chocolate Raises the Bar this Earth Day in providing Money for Madagascar Disaster Relief". Medium. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- "Are Day 2014 Program" (PDF). areday.net. Retrieved 19 July 2023.
- AUERBACH, Brad. "Blue Water Film Festival". Entertainment Today. Retrieved 19 July 2023.