Gregory Loselle (born 1963) is an American poet, dramatist, teacher, and writer of short fiction.
Winner of the Ruby Lloyd Apsey Award for Playwriting in 1988, for "New York Times," and author of a short play published by The Dramatic Publishing Company in 1981, his fiction has been published in the Georgetown Review and The Saturday Evening Post (his short story, "Lazarus," which won The Lorian Hemingway Short Fiction Competition in 2009), while his poetry has appeared in literary journals such as Alehouse, Oberon, The Comstock Review, Inkwell, Sow's Ear, The Pannus Index, The Pinch and Rattle and has won several competitions and awards, including The Rita Dove Poetry Prize in the Salem College International Writing Awards and the Robert Frost Foundation's Robert Frost Award for Poetry in 2009. He won four Hopwood Awards for Creative Writing, and the Academy of American Poets Prize, at the University of Michigan, where he earned an MFA in Creative Writing.
Loselle is the author of two short collections of poetry, "Phantom Limb" and "Our Parents Dancing", published by Puddinghouse Press. Both have been made available through Google Books. Two others, "The Whole of Him Collected" (2012) and "About the House" (2013), have been published by Finishing Line Press.
He teaches Advanced Placement English (and various other courses) at Gabriel Richard Catholic High School in Riverview, Michigan (US).
- Author William Van Wert says writing comic novels is the hardest kind of writing.(Originated from Knight-Ridder Newspapers) – Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service | HighBeam Research. Highbeam.com. Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- Dramatic Publishing Archived July 30, 2012, at Archive.is. Dramatic Publishing. Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- Georgetown Review | Georgetown College. Georgetownreview.georgetowncollege.edu. Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- Editors, Post. (February 23, 2010) “Lazarus”: The Expanded Version. Saturday Evening Post. Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- 2010Contributors. Alehousejournal.homestead.com. Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- From “The Whole of Him Collected” by Gregory Loselle » RATTLE: Poetry for the 21st century. RATTLE (July 21, 2010). Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- 2011 International Literary Awards Guidelines – Salem College Archived February 2, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Salem.edu. Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- frostawards. Frostawards.blogspot.com (October 24, 2009). Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- One-on-one with Gregory Loselle. – Free Online Library. Thefreelibrary.com (January 1, 2010). Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- Phantom Limb. Google Books. Retrieved on January 18, 2012.
- Greg Loselle[dead link]