Grin (Grin album)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by|
|Studio||Wally Heider Studios, San Francisco|
Epic (original LP & vinyl reissue), Acadia (SonyBMG) (2005 remastered CD reissue)
|Christgau's Record Guide||B+|
Grin is a 1971 album by Grin, featuring songs by their guitarist Nils Lofgren. As well as being an album in its own right, this was released by CBS in the UK as part of a 1976 double album set along with its successor 1+1. In 2005, it was issued on CD in remastered form, with the addition of two more tracks from the original sessions. The album was dedicated to Roy Buchanan with "special thanks" to Neil Young and Crazy Horse.
All tracks composed by Nils Lofgren
- "Like Rain" - 3:38
- "See What A Love Can Do" - 5:02 (*) (Jerry Williams - scat vocals)
- "Everybody's Missin' The Sun" - 2:44
- "18 Faced Lover" - 3:26
- "Outlaw" - 4:02 (*)
- "We All Sung Together" - 3:44
- "If I Were a Song" - 3:10
- "Take You To The Movies Tonight" - 1:45
- "Direction" - 4:14
- "Pioneer Mary" - 3:45 (*)
- "Open Wide" - 3:02
- "I Had Too Much (Miss Dazi)" - 3:23
2005 Sony CD bonus tracks
- "Nobody" - 2:57
- "Sing For Happiness" - 3:15 (**)
All songs written by Nils Lofgren. Timings taken from remastered CD.
"Nobody" features the original lyrics prior to being re-written for Crazy Horse. Both "Nobody" and "Sing For Happiness" were previously released on The Very Best of Grin, Spindizzy/Epic Associated/Legacy 65697-SI.
- Nils Lofgren - Guitars, Keyboards, Vocals
- Bob Berberich - Drums, Vocals
- Bob Gordon - Bass, Vocals
- (*) Harmony vocals by Danny Whitten, Neil Young and Ralph Molina.
- (*) Scat singing by Jerry Williams
- (**) Ben Keith on steel guitar
- Bruce McCauley - cover artwork