Grindelwald Grund railway station
|Elevation||944 m (3,097 ft)|
|Line(s)||Berner Oberland Bahn|
|Electrified||24 June 1910|
Grindelwald Grund is a railway station in the village and municipality of Grindelwald in the Swiss canton of Bern. The station is served by the Wengernalpbahn (WAB), whose trains operate from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg. It takes its name from the Grund area of the village, in which it is located.
WAB trains commence their journey at Grindelwald station, where they connect with trains of the Berner Oberland Bahn from Interlaken, and initially descend steeply to Grindelwald Grund station. At Grindelwald Grund they reverse and commence their ascent to Kleine Scheidegg, entering and leaving the station by its southern end. Depots and workshops are situated at both ends of the station.
The station is served by the following passenger trains:
|Operator||Train Type||Route||Typical Frequency||Notes|
|Wengernalpbahn||Grindelwald - Grindelwald Grund - Brandegg - Alpiglen - Kleine Scheidegg||2 per hour|
The station is surrounded by extensive car parking, and is the principal starting point of a journey to Kleine Scheidegg, and onward to the Jungfraujoch, for passengers arriving in Grindelwald by car. It is also the connection to the Grindelwald–Männlichen gondola cableway.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH. 2012. p. 82. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- map.geo.admin.ch (Map). Swiss Confederation. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- "Interlaken–Grindelwald–Kleine Scheidegg–Jungfraujoch" (PDF). Bundesamt für Verkehr. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Media related to Grindelwald Grund railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Grindelwald Grund station page on the Jungfraubahnen web site
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|