|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA, USA|
|Rochelle Rothstein: CEO.|
Grockit is an online social learning game company. Grockit prepares students for the SAT, ACT, GMAT, LSAT and GRE standardized exams. Students can take practice tests while collaborating online with other users. Grockit was founded in 2006 by Farbood Nivi, and in 2013 was acquired by Kaplan,_Inc..
Grockit is a live online multiplayer game providing test prep. It offers interactive play with other people studying for the same test. It works to integrate elements of artificial intelligence with its services to adapt to students' unique needs. Grockit believes that people learn better through peer-to-peer situations instead of teacher-to-student.
Grockit is a play on the word Grok which means to understand something intuitively or by empathy.
- Dana Oshiro (2009-07-05). "6 Great Tools for LSAT, SAT and GMAT Test Prep – ReadWrite". Readwriteweb.com. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- Avila, Joseph De (2009-07-22). "New Web Sites Give Kids an Academic Edge - WSJ.com". Online.wsj.com. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Farbood Nivi | CrunchBase Profile". Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- Wednesday, July 31st, 2013 (2013-07-31). "Grockit Sells Social Learning Platform To Kaplan, Goes All-In On Learnist, Its “Pinterest For Education”". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "5 Startups to Watch". Fast Company. 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Rock It with Grockit". Testprep.about.com. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- Drake, Bruce. "Smart Technology Breeds Smart Students in Web Test Prep Market". Politicsdaily.com. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Grockit | CrunchBase Profile". Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2014-12-14.