Grove Hinman Loomis
Grove Hinman Loomis or G.H. Loomis (1823-1898) was a photographer in Boston, Massachusetts, in the mid-19th century. He also worked as a real estate broker, teacher and government employee. He died in Newton, Massachusetts in 1898.
Advertisement for Loomis' Gallery of Photographic Art, Tremont Row, Boston, 1868
- Massachusetts. State Teachers College (Westfield) (1890), General catalogue of the State Normal School, Westfield, Mass., 1839-1889 .., Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Company, state printers, OCLC 16233144
- Elias Loomis, Elisha Loomis. Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America: and his antecedents in the Old world. Loomis, 1909
- "Death of Grove H. Loomis." Boston Globe, April 8, 1898
- G.H Loomis. Focal Points. International annual of Anthony's photographic bulletin, 1888
- G.H. Loomis. "My Resitters." Anthony's Photographic Bulletin, April 1890
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to G.H. Loomis.|
- Ron Polito (ed.). "Boston Photographers Cited in 19th Century American Photographic Journals: A Bibliographic Database" – via Photographic Historical Society of New England. (includes info related to Loomis)
- New York Public Library. Portrait of Major-General Benjamin F. Butler, U.S.A., engraving after photo by Loomis
- Flickr. Carte de visite by G.H. Loomis
- Flickr. Carte de visite of soldier by G.H. Loomis
- Flickr. Woman reading
- Massachusetts Historical Society. Charles W. Jenks Carte de Visite Collection. Includes work by Loomis
- Bufford; Loomis. "Webster Buildings, Boston, corner of High and Summer Streets". Boston Athenaeum catalog.