||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Karnas finished one year of classical guitar at the Szafrankowie Brothers State School of Music in Rybnik. He is a graduate of the Jazz Institute of the University of Music in Katowice, considered prestigious in Poland.
Karnas has worked with top-line younger artists of Poland's jazz scene as well as its legends. In 1998, he was awarded first prize at the International Jazz Vocalists' Meeting in Zamość (Poland).
The following year, his debut album "Reinkarnasja" (Nottwo 2000) was released and put Karnas on the road touring throughout the main clubs and festivals in Poland and Slovakia.
Summer of 2004 saw the premiere of Grzegorz Karnas' self-produced solo project "Sny-Dreams of a Ninth Floor" (DeBies 2004) promotion of which took place with a series of club and festival concerts in Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany, Romania and many others. His "Dreams" featured on "The Best of Polish Jazz 2005".
A new album “Ballads for the End of the World” featuring a Silesian cello player Adam Oleś was released in April 2006. Promotions of both projects continued in 2007.
- 2000 - Reinkarnasja (Not Two)
- 2004 - Sny-Dreams (Ninth Floor Production)
- 2006 - Ballads for the End of the World (Ninth Floor Production)
- 2011 - KARNAS (Hevhetia 2011)
- May, Chris (2007-10-24). "Extended Analysis: Various Artists: The Best of Polish Jazz 2005". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- "Grzegorz Karnas 5tet -Le fou chantant de Pologne". Crest Jazz Vocal. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
|This Polish musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|