Guillaume de Lorris
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
|French literary history|
Guillaume de Lorris (c. 1200 – c. 1240) was a French scholar and poet from Lorris. He was the author of the first section of the Roman de la Rose. Little is known about him, other than that he wrote the earlier section of the poem around 1230, and that the work was completed forty years later by Jean de Meun. He is only known by mention of Jean de Meun, (de Meung in French), in ''Roman de la Rose''. 
- Guillaume (de Lorris); Jean (de Meun) (1970). Roman de la Rose. Librairie Honoré Champion. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Guillaume de Lorris". Encyclopædia Britannica. 12 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. This article incorporates text from a publication now in the
- "Digital Library of Medieval Manuscripts". Retrieved 2020-02-17.
- Works by Guillaume de Lorris at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Guillaume de Lorris at Internet Archive
- Roman de la Rose Digital Library
- Roman de la Rose From the Rare Book and Special Collections Division at the Library of Congress
- Cest le Romant de la rose From the Rare Book and Special Collections Division at the Library of Congress
- Roman de la rose at Somni