|Full name||Guillermo León Quirós|
|Date of death||8 July 2010(aged 82)|
|Place of death||San José, Costa Rica|
|Playing position||Inside left|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He played with Deportivo Saprissa during the 40's and 50's, and was a member of that team when it reached Costa Rica's First Division in 1949. León scored 47 goals in 1947 while playing with Saprissa in the Third Division, and next year scored 33 goals with the team in the Second Division, after which the team rose to the First Division. He also scored once in their first match at the highest level, a 3-1 win over La Libertad on 21 August 1949.
He also played for Universidad Nacional, Nicolás Marín and Unión Deportiva Moravia in a career spanning from 1947 through 1958.
On 8 July 2010, León died at age 82 after suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
- "Falleció Guillermo "Viriguas" León" (in Spanish). Opinioncr.com. 8 July 2010.
- Fallece uno de los grandes en la historia del Saprissa - UNAFUT (in Spanish)
- Saprissa cumple 77 años de existencia - Everardo Herrera (in Spanish)
- Saprissa - UNAFUT (in Spanish)
- Murió exjugador ViriguasLeón - Nación (in Spanish)
- "FALLECE UN PILAR DEL SAPRISSA" (in Spanish). Diario Extra. 9 July 2010.
|This biographical article related to Costa Rican Association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|