April 27, 1980 |
Riga, Latvian SSR, Soviet Union
|Listed height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Listed weight||163 lb (74 kg)|
|WNBA draft||2003 / Undrafted|
Gunta Baško-Melnbārde (born Gunta Baško April 27, 1980 in Riga, Soviet Union) is a Latvian women's basketball player currently playing for Basket Landes and Latvia women's national basketball team. She was born in Riga.
Baško first played in a professional team in 1995. After three years with the local RTU/Klondaika Rīga team Baško moved to Siena Saints of NCAA. In 2003, she moved to Israel, then spent four years in France and is currently a member of Wisła Can Pack Kraków team.
At age 19, she already represented Latvia at EuroBasket Women 1999. She was one of the youngest players in the tournament. Baško also contributed to the successes of the team in EuroBaskets 2005 and 2007.
- 1995–1998: RTU/Klondaika Rīga ( Latvia)
- 1999–2003: Siena Saints ( United States)
- 2003–2004: Ramat-Hasharon ( Israel)
- 2004–2006: Tarbes Gespe Bigorre ( France)
- 2006–2008: Lattes-Maurin Montpellier ( France)
- 2008–2009: Perfumerias Avenida ( Spain)
- 2009–2010: Umana Reyer ( Italy)
- 2010–2011: TS Wisła Can Pack Kraków ( Poland)
In August 2011 Gunta Baško married ex-basketball player Kristaps Melnbārdis, and changed surname form Baško to Baško-Melnbārde.
|This biographical article relating to a Latvian basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|