Guy Bedarida, Jewelry and Precious Objects Designer
|Residence||Europe and Asia|
Guy Bedarida (born 1963) is an Italian-born French jewelry designer, former Head Designer for the American branch of Van Cleef & Arpels and former Creative Director and Head Designer for the John Hardy brand. His work is distinguished by its use of color and references to European and Asian design traditions. Bedarida, who is of French-Italian parentage, grew up between Tuscany, Rome, and Paris. He was educated at the European Institute of Design and Communication in Rome, where he majored in jewelry and fashion design. He started out working as a jewelry designer on the Place Vendôme in Paris, most notably for the house of Boucheron,. Afterwards, he became Head Designer for the American branch of Van Cleef and Arpels, where his exclusive and unique designs were worn by movie stars and celebrities.
Bedarida joined the John Hardy group in the late 1990s as Head Designer and Creative Director. He worked at the John Hardy design center in Bali, directing a team of illustrators, wax-carvers, metal-smiths and stone-cutters, whose skilled handiwork helped him realise new designs and technical improvements. Bedarida created some of John Hardy’s best-selling collections, including one inspired by the Nāga. In 2007, Bedarida joined a management buyout of the John Hardy brand which was eventually sold in 2014.
In July 2017 Guy Bedarida bought and became the majority owner and Creative Director of the legendary high jewelry brand Marina B. Marina B was created by Marina Bulgari in the 70’s, she was born in the third generation of the famous family of Bulgari jewelers established in Rome since 1881.
The jewelry of Marina B is bold and womanly, at one innovative and classic, with amazing joyful use of colors. Innovations and a certain insouciance in the use of materials create a recognizable and unique design.
- The Last Word: Guy Bedarida. - Hellobali Magazine. Vol.34, No.12. Dec 2009.
- The Essential Register of Indonesia High Society - Indonesia Tatler: Society 2009. Pg.49. Mar 2009.
- Slowey, Anne. - "Elle Fashion Insider Bali High". - Elle Magazine. Edition no. 297. Pg 103. May 2010.
- "John Hardy's Eco Paradise." Archived 2010-04-28 at the Wayback Machine. -Elle. Edition no. 297. Page 103. Apr 21 2010.
- Marx, Linda. - "Unique jewelry designs define a lifestyle." - Simply The Best Magazine. Pg 57. Dec 1 2008.
- "ViaLuxe Interview: Guy Bedarida of John Hardy Discusses Sustainable Luxury."-ViaLuxe. May 1, 2009.
- Guster, Chanda Temple. - "Year of the Dragon." - The Birmingham News. Mar 31 2009.
- DeMarco, Anthony. "Marina B Jewelry Returns". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- Duka, John (1983-11-23). "A BULGARI WHO DESIGNS ON HER OWN". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "L'élu" - Point de Vue - Retrieved 8 Jul 2010