Héroes de Otra Patria
|Héroes de Otra Patria|
|Directed by||Iván Dariel Ortíz|
|Produced by||Iván Gonzalo Ortíz|
|Written by||Iván Dariel Ortíz|
Alba Raquel Barros
Héroes de Otra Patria (in English, Heroes from Another Country, or sometimes credited as Heroes without a Cause) is a 1998 Puerto Rican film, written and directed by Iván Dariel Ortíz. The film was selected as the Puerto Rican entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 71st Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
The film follows the lives of two Puerto Rican soldiers in the middle of the Vietnam War. After being sent on a reconnaissance mission, their squad is ambushed and they get lost in the jungle. Meanwhile, we see the struggles being suffered by their relatives after their departure from the island.
- Jorge Castillo as Carlos
- Jimmy Navarro as Raúl
- Alba Raquel Barros as Doña Pura
- Adamari López as Esther
- Domingo Quiñones as Sgt. Miller
- Cinema of Puerto Rico
- List of films set in Puerto Rico
- List of Puerto Ricans in the Academy Awards
- List of submissions to the 71st Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Puerto Rican submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- "45 Countries Submit Films for Oscar Consideration". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 19 November 1998. Archived from the original on 19 February 1999. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
|This Puerto Rican film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a war film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|