H. L. Richardson
|Born||Hubert Leon Richardson
December 28, 1927
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
|Alma mater||Olympic College
Cornish College of the Arts
|Known for||Founder of Gun Owners of America|
Hubert Leon "Bill" Richardson (born December 28, 1927) founded Gun Owners of America (GOA) in 1975 and served as a California state senator from 1966–89. He served as the state senate's Republican Caucus Chair for several of these years. He was the unsuccessful Republican candidate for the United States Senate in 1974, having been defeated by incumbent Alan Cranston. He ran for Congress in 1962, and again in 1992, having lost 51-40 percent to the Democrat Vic Fazio, member of the United States House of Representatives from California's 3rd congressional district.
Richardson was born in Terre Haute, Indiana, in 1927 and served in the United States Navy in World War II. He was educated at Olympic College and the Cornish Conservatory, both in Seattle, Washington. He is the father of action-film screenwriter Doug Richardson.
- Slightly to the Right. Whittier, California: Constructive Action, 1965.
- What Makes You Think We Read the Bills? Ottawa, Illinois: Caroline House, 1978.
- The Devil's Eye. Dallas: Word, 1995.
- The Shadows of Crazy Mountain. Dallas: Word, 1996.
- Split Ticket. Dallas: Word, 1996.
- Confrontational Politics. Ventura, California: Nordskog, 2010.
- "H. L. "Bill" Richardson". JoinCalifornia. One Voter Project; retrieved 31 March 2011.
- California Journal, May 1992, Vol XXIII, No 5, page 227.
- LLC, Marquis Who's Who (10 September 1977). "Who's who in Government". Marquis Who's Who, Incorporated. Retrieved 10 September 2017 – via Google Books.
- "H. L. Richardson". The Complete Marquis Who's Who Biographies: Who's Who in the West, 20th, 21st, 22nd editions. May 16, 2006; retrieved March 31, 2011.
|Party political offices|
|Republican Party nominee for United States Senator from California (Class 3)
|This article about a member of the California State Senate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|