- HMS Charwell was the 18-gun French corvette Aurore, which HMS Thames captured in 1801. She was sold in 1813.
- HMS Charwell was the 16-gun ship-sloop HMS Earl of Moira, launched in 1805 on the Great Lakes, and renamed Charwell in 1814. She was sold in 1837.
- HMS Cherwell (1903) was a destroyer launched in 1903 and sold in 1919.
- HMS Cherwell was a Mersey-class Royal Navy trawler launched as HMS James Jones in 1918, renamed Cherwell in 1920, used as a boom-defense vessel in 1942, and sold in 1946.
Citations and references
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
- Winfield, Rif (2008). British Warships in the Age of Sail 1793–1817: Design, Construction, Careers and Fates. Seaforth. ISBN 1-86176-246-1.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|