From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Six ships of the Royal Navy have borne the name HMS Encounter:
- HMS Encounter (1616) was a discovery vessel in service in 1616.
- HMS Encounter (1805) was a 12-gun gun-brig launched in 1805 and wrecked in 1812.
- HMS Encounter (1846) was an early wooden screw corvette launched in 1846 and broken up in 1866.
- HMS Encounter (1873) was an Amethyst-class wooden screw corvette launched in 1873 and sold in 1888.
- HMS Encounter was a Challenger-class protected cruiser launched in 1902. She was transferred to the Royal Australian Navy in 1919, renamed HMAS Penguin in 1923 while serving as a depot ship, and was scuttled in 1932.
- HMS Encounter (H10) was an E-class destroyer launched in 1934 and sunk in 1942.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|