|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Founder(s)||Will Housh IV|
|Industry||Heating and cooling|
|Alexa rank||63,875 (US 07/2016)|
HVAC.com is a Monroe, OH heating and cooling social enterprise. It is a marketplace for HVAC contractors and homeowners. It was founded in 2006 by Will Housh IV. It uses a portion of its business profits to fund ministry efforts. The company goes on yearly week long mission trips to assist orphans in Mexico and Haiti. Employees are paid their usual salary and the trip does not count as vacation time.
- McIver, Terry. "Clicking for Comfort: HVAC.com Connects HVAC Contractors with Prospective Customers". Contracting Business. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
This Internet service allows homeowners to purchase HVAC systems over the Internet and find contractors interested in bidding on the installation of those systems.
- Hunter, Tatum. "Buying an air filter from this Cincinnati company can have global impact". Cincinnati Business Courier. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Schwartzberg, Eric. "'Biznistry' not just a career, but a calling". JournalNews. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
That’s the idea behind a “biznistry,” an idea the combines a business designed to sustain the salary of its employees with the philanthropic idea of pouring a portion of profits into faith-based works.
- "Orphan Care". HVAC.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "2014 Best Places to Work finalist: HVAC.com". Biz journals. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
So far we have traveled to Monterrey, Mexico, and Haiti. During this week, employees will be paid their usual salary without cutting into their allotted vacation time.