|Birth name||Habil Əliyev|
28 May 1927|
Agdash, Azerbaijani SSR
|Died||8 September 2015
|Genres||Azerbaijani Folk Music, Mugham|
|Years active||1935 – 2009|
|Associated acts||Mark Eliyahu|
Habil Aliyev's first international performance was in United Kingdom when he was accompanying Rashid Behbudov and Tamara Sinyavskaya. This performances created great resonance and British press quoting Major of Glasgow called Aliyev "Paganini of Azerbaijan". He inspired Israeli Mizrahi musician Mark Eliyahu to play kamancheh.
In 2009, suffering from poor health, he made a symbolic "last concert" at Tehran Roudaki-Wahdat concert hall.
Influence and legacy
- Habil Aliyev's Biography, Last.fm, retrieved 20 March 2009
- Habil Aliyev, Iranmehr, archived from the original on 8 May 2006, retrieved 20 March 2009
- Habil Aliyev, personal website, archived from the original on 26 December 2008, retrieved 20 March 2009
- Юбилейный вечер "азербайджанского Паганини". echo.az (in Russian). Echo.az. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Bernhaimer, Kathryn. "Music Stars in Film Fest's Israeli Drama". boulderjewishnews.org. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "هابیل علیاف با کمانچه خداحافظی میکند (Habil Alyev says goodbye to Kamancheh)" (in Persian). Archived from the original on 5 March 2013. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "A child music school named after Habil Aliyev". www.heydar-aliyev-foundation.org. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Habil Əliyev dünyasını dəyişdi. xeber.az, 8 September 2015. (in Azerbaijani)