|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Hackweiser's Famous ./hack Logo
|p4ntera , BigHawk , Squirrlman , trupheer|
HackWeiser is an underground hacking group and hacking magazine founded in 1999. In early-2001 the founder and leader, p4ntera, left the group with saying very little.
The group has appeared in the news due to having defaced well known websites, including websites owned by Microsoft, Sony, Walmart, Girlscouts of America, Jenny Craig, DARE, Nellis Air Force Base aka Area 51, CyberNanny. and countless others. They have been noted by the US Attorney's Bulletin in reference to "Responsible hackers". They have won multiple categories in the "State of the Hack Awards"
Members included; R4ncid, Bighawk, [P]hoenix, Immortal, RaFa, Squirrlman, odin, Phiz, and Jak-away(AKA Hackah Jak).
The group eventually fell apart and disbanded after the arrest of Hackah Jak in mid-2003. Although reports still indicate that many ex-members are active on the underground.
- Sam Costello (2001-05-02). "Chinese hackers continue Web defacements". CNN.com. Retrieved 2008-02-03.
- Jennifer DiSabatino (2001-04-20). "CyberNanny Web site hacked with vulgar language". ComputerWorld. Retrieved 2006-07-09.
- Daniel A. Morris. "Tracking a Computer Hacker". US Attorney's Office. Retrieved 2006-07-09.
- "The State of The Hack Awards #1". Retrieved 2006-07-09.
- Dan Horn (2003-07-23). "Hacker claims he was working for FBI". Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved 2008-02-03.