Type of site
|Web search engine|
|Available in||5 languages|
|Written in||Python, C, C++|
|620,147 (May 2015[update])|
Halalgoogling is an Islamic internet search engine aimed at Muslim users as in the holy month of ramadhan they try to ban the haram content . It provides results which are halal, and tries to filter out pages which are considered haram according to Sharia law. It collects results from other search engines like Google and Bing and presents the halal results to its users.
- "halalgoogling.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-05-01.
- "Safe Surfing: New Search Engine Launched For Muslims". Rferl.org. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- ANI (July 8, 2013). "Muslim search engine 'Halalgoogling' that blocks 'Haram' content launched". Yahoo! News India. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "New Islam-approved search engine for Muslims". News.msn.com. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- Desk, Web (2013-07-07). "Halalgoogling: Search engine for Muslims launches – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- ANI (July 8, 2013). "Muslim search engine 'Halalgoogling' launched". Times Of India. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "Halalgoogling is the World's unique Muslim search engine that has a built in system to filter "Haram content"". India Today. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- Imaan Sheikh (2011-02-23). "Halalgoogling: Putting the ‘beep’ in ‘be pious while you search the web’". The Express Tribune Blog. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
|This article about a search engine website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Islam-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|