Haldane of the Secret Service
|Haldane of the Secret Service|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Harry Houdini|
William J. Humphrey
|Cinematography||Irving B. Rubenstein|
Houdini Picture Corporation
|Distributed by||Film Booking Offices of America|
Haldane of the Secret Service is a 1923 American adventure silent film directed by Harry Houdini. The film stars Harry Houdini, Gladys Leslie, William J. Humphrey, Richard Carlyle, Edward Boulden, Jane Jennings and Charles Fang. The film was released on September 30, 1923, by Film Booking Offices of America.
"Heath Haldane (Houdini), son of a detective slain by a gang of counterfeiters, swears vengeance. He rescues a girl (Leslie) from the gang, but is thrown into river by them for dead, and escapes.
"He rounds them up after many adventures, brings about their arrest, and discovers the leader of the gang is father of girl whom he loves." -- Motion Picture News Booking Guide (April 1924)
- Harry Houdini as Heath Haldane
- Gladys Leslie as Adele Ormsby
- William J. Humphrey as Edward Ormsby
- Richard Carlyle as Joe Ivors
- Edward Boulden as Raoul Usher
- Jane Jennings as Mrs. Clive Usher
- Charles Fang as Ah Ling
- Myrtle Morse as Andrea Drayton
- Irving Brooks as Bruce Drayton
- "Haldane-of-the-Secret-Service - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". nytimes.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Silent Era : Progressive Silent Film List". silentera.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Haldane of the Secret Service". afi.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
|This article about a silent adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|