Halina Birenbaum (Warsaw, 15 September 1929) is a Holocaust survivor, writer, poet, translator and activist.
Born in Warsaw, Birenbaum spent her childhood in the Warsaw Ghetto and later on in Nazi concentration camps: Majdanek, Auschwitz (Oświęcim), Ravensbrück and Neustadt-Glewe, from which she was liberated in 1945. In 1947, she emigrated to Israel, where she started a family. In March 2001 she was awarded a title of Person of Unity 2001 by Polish Rada Chrzescijan i Żydów.
- Hope is the last to die (Nadzieja umiera ostatnia), 1967. Translated into English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Hebrew
- Return to ancestors' land (Powrót do ziemi praojców), 1991
- Scream for remembrance (Wołanie o pamięć)
- Even when I laugh (Nawet gdy się śmieję)
- Not about flowers (Nie o Kwiatach)
- How in words (Jak można w słowach)