(Danny Cudd & Markus Johansson)
Cudd (left) and Johansson in 2011
Hang Massive is a music duo that plays the Hang, a new-age percussion instrument.
Danny Cudd (England) & Markus Johansson (Sweden) met in 2010 in India and formed Hang Massive soon after. They were one of the first acts to become known for playing the Hang, a new-age percussion instrument, and quickly gained followers for their music videos, becoming "the epitome of the Hang". The duo released its original composition "Once Again" on YouTube in 2011, garnering more than 36 million views as of 2019.
Hang Massive released two live albums and a studio album, Distant Light, in 2016. The duo has toured in North America, Europe, and Australia. Their compositions are both exclusively for the Hang, as well as collaborations with other musicians and vocalists.
- As it is
- Distant Light (2016)
- Luminous Emptiness (2018)
- Olga Wanner (25 June 2016): Hang Massive und ihr magisches Instrument, Kieler Nachrichten
- Sankhayan Ghosh (13 August 2017): Hang out with Hang Massive, Livemint
- Культовая группа Hang Massive выступит сегодня в Таллинне, Sputnik News
- Šv. Kotrynos bažnyčioje klausytojus žavėjo duetas „Hang Massive“, Delfi