October 13, 1983 |
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||189 lb (86 kg; 13 st 7 lb)|
Hartford Wolf Pack
KHL Medveščak Zagreb
Schwenninger Wild Wings
Pikkarainen is a product of Helsinki-based club HIFK and made his professional debut with the club in the SM-liiga during the 2002-03 season. He left HIFK to play in the American Hockey League with the Hartford Wolf Pack during the 2006-07 season. Pikkarainen saw action in seven AHL contests and played in eleven games for ECHL's Charlotte Checkers that year before returning to HIFK the following season. After another two years with HIFK, he embarked on a journeyman career including stints in the Swedish Hockey League with Modo Hockey, Skellefteå AIK, Leksands IF, two stints in the Kontinental Hockey League with HC Dynamo Minsk and Medvescak Zagreb and a stop at TPS in the Finnish Liiga, before joining back HIFK.
On May 29, 2015, Pikkarainen concluded his third stint with HIFK and signed a one-year deal with German club Schwenninger Wild Wings. When his contract was up, he agreed to terms with fellow DEL side Iserlohn Roosters inking a deal for the 2016–17 season.
- "The ECHL - Premier 'AA' Hockey League | Pikkarainen, Westlund Return From Hartford To Checkers". www.echl.com. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "ECHL ◊ mobile | HOME". www.echl.com. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "SAIK recruit defenseman Pikkarainen" (in Swedish). Skellefteå AIK. 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-07-26.
- "Bears fortify their defence with Finn Hannu Pikkarainen". www.medvescak.com. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "Fin for Schwenninger". Schwenninger Wild Wings. 2015-05-29. Retrieved 2015-05-29.
- "Iserlohn Roosters secure two signings" (in German). Iserlohn Roosters. 2016-05-20. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- Hannu Pikkarainen's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Hannu Pikkarainen's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Hannu Pikkarainen profile at Eurohockey.com
|This biographical article relating to a Finnish ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|