||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Hans Tolford (October 1, 1944 – 3 September 2013) was an Austrian painter, poet, photographer, filmmaker, author and illustrator.
Tolford was the son of the carpenter Herbert Tolford. He was raised by his father. Hans Tolfords mother, Juliane Tolford, died during the war in 1945. He was educated from Akademie der bildenden Künste (BFA), Zürcher Hochschule der Künste (MFA), Académie des Beaux-Arts (ph.d).
By the time he completed his masters education in Fine Art at the Zürcher Hochschule der Künste in 1967, he was already part of the important experimental art collective "Zü'Klingen'Rich" and was working primarily as a photographer, writer and an illustrating artist which he pursued till his death 3 September 2013.
Tolford's latest project is called "October Dance". Tolford gathered three musicians to perform and interprets his illustrations into music. He started the project in 2012. The band continued to exist after Tolfords death.
- Bankgasse Galerie, Wien, Austria - Menschen ich treffe mit Text.
- Bastai für die Kunst, Wien, Austria – Melting Pictures/ Schmelz-Bildern
- Kreis 4 Galerie, Zürich, Schweiz – 6 Moon
- Galerie Gmurzynska, Zürich, Schweiz - Symmetrische Arbeit
- Dorfstraße 7, Wangels, Germany – The machine in conducting a translating of a country’s language.